Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some News...

My endocrinologist called with good news today. The biopsy showed no malignancy, Thank the Lord! However, I still need bloodwork to determine whether or not I have Hashimoto's disease. The only problem is, the question of why I feel like I am choking has not been answered.

The endo suggested that I see an ENT before I opt for a thyroidectomy. She felt like we needed complete reassurance that there is absolutely nothing else wrong. I suppose I will be seeing an ENT within the next few weeks. Dr. Harris doesn't think they will find anything any different.

It seems that all other doctors are figuring that my problems are coming from my thyroid, yet the endo thinks my thyroid isn't swollen enough to cause such problems. She did tell me that I could possibly be the "atypical" patient that shows greater symptoms even without huge enlargement.

Wouldn't that be just like me? Atypical?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Praise God! What a joy to hear that there is no malignancy. I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through.....
But I do understand being A-typical.... I am an Enlow(by marraige)after all!