Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Has Gone and Gone and We're Still Giving Thanks

What a wonderful day it was!


Kevin beat the roosters up by rising at 5:30 AM. He had a BIG day ahead of him, with a BIG menu to live up to. When I woke up at 8:00 AM, the pumpkin pies were already in the oven. My hubby is so good to me! ;p Most of the morning, I sat in the recliner with my foot propped up. I enjoyed the sale ads and for once, I was glad I was unable to do Black Friday shopping. This wicked little surgery will have me held back a looooonnng time. But again, that's o.k. I was treated like a queen on Thanksgiving Day; how can I complain??


The menu changed....it grew and expanded to include the following: Turkey breast, Spiral Honey Baked Ham, cream corn, speckled butter beans, baked macaroni & cheese, dressing, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, and that WAY good pumpkin pie. Umm, ummm, good! With only 5 people in our family, we had alot of leftovers. All the better the next day, I say!


I did manage to set my table. I decided to use my Wedgwood India China, Godinger tea goblets, and my Wallace Queens flatware. Fresh tablecloth, cloth napkins...it was so nice. After we ate, my family and I sat around the table and had coffee with our pie. We have such a good time "dressing up" the table and eating with our finest settings.

All in all, the day was relaxing and fulfilling. Yet, these are not the things I'm most thankful for. I'm thankful for the great salvation I have, and for the great God who imparted it. I'm thankful for my children, all of who now know the Lord as their personal Saviour. I'm thankful for a loving husband and the marriage relationship we have shared for over 15 years. I'm thankful for my Church where I can worship the Lord, and I'm thankful for the freedom to do so.

I'm also thankful for safety, a home, and 2 vehicles. Everyone in America doesn't have those things. I'm thankful for the good health care I receive and the ability to pay for that care. I'm thankful to live in America, the beacon of freedom to the rest of the world. I enjoy freedom that other people in other lands know nothing about. Even with the problems we are having in the USA, we are still a great land, and I'm thankful for that great privilege.


Up next will be some photos to kinda let you see inside the Whitman Home in preparation for our big day. Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: