Thursday, December 18, 2008

Back in the Swing

I'm back in the swing of things....kinda.

With my new found mobility, I have returned to some of the smaller tasks at home. You know, cooking a simple meal, rotating laundry, loading the dishwasher, wiping counters, etc. Nothing ground breaking, but definitely progress. The absence of my cast has made those things a little easier. But the space boot I now don makes things a little tricky. The boot and slippery surfaces are seething enemies, and if I'm not careful, I'll be caught flat on the floor as a victim of circumstance!

Not only am I able to do a little around the house, I'm back to my small, "home business," more affectionately known as...Avon.

Now readers, I have to say up front, I have been an Avon customer for most of my adult life. I believe in their products because I have tried their products. There was always someone I knew selling it, and I made myself available to buy it. But I have to be honest. Avon ladies don't last very long. Or at least none that I purchased from lasted long. Fortunately, there are new representatives cropping up everyday, so it's never impossible to get the products. After my last Avon lady stopped selling, I decided that I would take up the gauntlet. Even if I didn't make a dime, I could purchase their great products at a discount.

I have been selling for almost 2 years, and I'm not exactly what Avon Corporation would call successful. I don't make loads of money; I would have to sell much, much more to do that. But I like my pace, and the good thing about Avon is that you can move up any time you want to.

Unfortunately, all of my Avon endeavors took a back seat to my health issues this year. My first surgery in March made it impossible to do anything. Then my injury in July only extended that impossibilty. I have been "off my feet" for nearly half the year. To clarify, being "off my feet" consisted on either being on crutches, in a wheel chair, or under strict doctor's orders to keep my foot elevated for most of the day. So you can imagine why Avon was put on hold.

With Christmas approaching, I wanted to get back into selling, if for nothing but the discount for myself. I received my first shipment today, and it's just about as fun as a kid at Christmas! I love sorting my orders, filling bags, looking through the new books. I've really missed it.

Since I have trouble walking for any length of time, I have bought quite a bit of Christmas gifts through Avon. This has made "shopping" easier. Unfortunately, they don't sell the X Box 360 Elite. Go figure....they have just about everything else!

So, I'm back in the swing of peddling my wares and having a fun with something I have had to set aside for a loooong time.

I'm glad things are returning to normal...at least a quasi norm!

2 comments:

Rachel Ellington said...

Rita, How are you???? Don't you love the fashioinista boot? Lovely! let me just say Handicapped Parking when you can drive again! I hope you are enjoying the ramp up to Christmas and the wonderful music that comes with it. Rach

Rita said...

Hey Rae!

Getting slowly better. Can I really get a temporary handicap parking tag? That would help sooo much! I love this time of year, and there's a station in Atlanta that plays Christmas music 24/7. Love it!! Merry Christmas to you!