Friday, September 5, 2008

Emerging from the Corner

I'm no prolific writer, I can tell you that now. But I do experience a constant stream of dialogue in my mind. I often pen down the dialogue on the imaginary pages of my mind, but as we all know, those pages are never read by anyone else. So, I decided to actually take a stab at this modern notion of blogging. No, it doesn't replace the feel of a hardback book in your hands, but let's face it; Jane Austin would have risen to greater levels of fame if the internet had been available in her life time!

I love to write. I'm not the best, but expression is a passion for me. I've tried keeping journals and failed miserably. That clean sheet of paper invokes so many thoughts. The crisp white paper screams, "Create me! Make me something worthy for the eyes of the readership!" It also says with snearing glee, "All those ideas are much better in your head, aren't they?"

My biggest drawback to journals is the physical act of writing. My handwriting becomes sloppy after a short while (arthritis-and at such a young age!). I ashamedly admit, though not as "romantic" as beautiful cursive handwriting in a tea-stain colored journal, pecking on the keyboard is the fast track to expressing your thoughts.

So, here I am. I'll save the introduction and personal profile for another blog. I just wanted to announce that I'm emerging from the corner. And from the pages in my head.

1 comment:

Pastor Kevin Whitman said...

Hello, love...

You are doing a wonderful job in your blog. It looks good.