Saturday, September 27, 2008

More Poetry

Ok, ok, ok...I've slacked off a little (embarrassed smile), actually alot, on my blog. I guess that's what I get for making such a big declaration about emerging from the corner. Blah, blah, blah....let's face it. Mom's get really busy. And this homeschooling year is going to be very time consuming and hectic. So, I thought I'd bulk up my number of posts by adding another poem.

FYI....I will be posting about the wonderful Anniversary trip Kevin and I took last week. Complete with pictures and description! Ta Ta For Now!

The Purging Fire


Oh, Saviour that I may love thee more
and upon thy bosom lean
May I ever cherish my feiry trials
that purge this vessel clean
The dross the trials doth take away
though my aching heart may cry
yet refines in a likeness still
that shall forever be as thine
Do not the beautiful trees so green
forfeit their colors with time
As coldness creeps across the sky
leaves fall with dismal sigh
Oh, they seem to die in weary trodden paths
that upon them no mercy unfolds
Yet as the lush green has faded away
The leaves now have traces of gold
Their trials brought forth the better
and the beauty that only could come
from a season that forces change
and a mercy that will overcome
So harsh, yet so merciful
are the trials that burden me so
Yet in them the dross fades away
And the Saviour I more lovingly know!

No comments: