Saturday, September 6, 2008

Intimidation of Inadequacies

Well, this is only my second day of blogging, and boy, do I feel inadequate.

I've been looking around in the vast blogosphere, and I shrink with intimidation. There's crafting blogs, quilting blogs, cooking blogs, political blogs, feminist blogs. I'm not sure of all the classifications, but I don't seem to fit in any particular category. To be honest, I'm not focused on one single thing. I'm just.....a blog.

I have varied interests, but can I actually blog on any of them? Let's see....I could take a picture of my sink full of dishes, write about the process, and then post another picture showing my finished product. Perhaps I could blog about the neverending battle I face with my laundry. No. That wouldn't work. I would have to post a panoramic photo of the laundry that has yet to be folded. I'm not in this for shame.

A homeschool blog? I'm not exactly an authority. I have the same struggles as anyone else. A Mother's blog? Well, I do have experience, but my end product isn't tested and tried just yet. Wait. I can do a blog on being a wife! I can posts pictures of me ironing my husbands clothes and cooking his supper. Hmmmm......Those candid photos would be hard to come by.

I'll just stick with what I know. That endless dialogue in my head. Constantly driving me to pen, or peck, those thoughts down. So what if I'm not a pro at any given talent? What do I have to prove? Plus, it's very unlikely that I will have a huge audience. I have a place in the blogosphere, even if it is a corner of Whitsinn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You r in my favorites!