Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Type A Influenza

Well, I'm crawling out from under my rock to let the blogosphere know that the Whitman crew has Type A Influenza.

I have been running a fever since Thursday, but on Sunday, I knew I had the flu. The kiddies, especially Savannah, started getting sick over the weekend. I feel horrible, just like everyone else who has the flu. The bad part is, we are having a difficult time trying to find a pharmacy that has Relenza in stock. Tamiflu won't touch what we have, and it seems that every pharmacy in North Georgia has a shortage of the inhaler flu medication.

We took Daniel to the Dr. this morning. Since he's the sickest and since his arthritis comes into play, we thought it best to get him looked at right away. They couldn't see him Monday, but the Dr. office scheduled him for 8:30 am this morning. Dr. Sam was kind enough to write the entire family perscriptions for Relenza so that we all won't have to be seen. Dr. Sam is a good, old fashioned doctor, and it really helps us out when he does things like this! He said that Daniel was the fifth case of the flu that he had seen this season and that it's just now hitting the schools. There's about to be a tidal wave of Relenza seekers!!

Anyway, my dear hubby is out (hopefully) getting the prescriptions filled. Kroger said they have it, but with only two left, he's hoping he gets there before anyone else. It's about a 15 minute drive, so I'm hoping he'll make it. Since Jordan and Savannah aren't running fevers anymore, we are only filling the prescriptions for me and Dan. Hubby needs his too, but he still thinks he's invincible! ;->

When we are better, we will post more. Until then, rest is the best thing I can do!!

No comments: