Monday, March 9, 2009

CT Scan Tomorrow

As it turns out, some of my problems may be bigger than once thought.

In an attempt to diagnose my cough, tightness of throat, and difficulty swallowing that I thought was due to allergies, my family Dr. decided to do a barium swallow and upper GI X-ray about 2 weeks ago. Dr. Rahim was thinking that I might have acid reflux, but the barium X-ray showed conclusively that I do not.

When I went for my follow up visit with Dr. Rahim on Thursday, she informed me that my esophagus was slightly deviated to the left and that it seems to be that way as the result of "something" pushing against it. Her initial guess is an enlarged thyroid; let's hope she's right. It was disturbing to hear, but I really don't know anything yet, so....I can have peace of mind knowing I stand in the hand of God, carefully enveloped by the creator of the universe.

CT scan at 9 AM. Hopefully I will have the results by Thursday. Until then, I will work on my next installment of the "Seasons" series.

No comments: