Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Plenty to Tell, Just Not Enough Time....

It has been sooo hectic, I didn't even realized that 10 days had passed since my last post. There's plenty to tell, IF I can find the time! Yes, it's been that busy.

Let's back up to the bladder surgery. I wish I could say that it was a to ttremendous success, but I can't. Maybe it's just too soon. I would say my pain has decreased by at least 50%, which is better. But...I was hoping and praying for pain free. Of course, the initial post operative pain after a hydro distention is to be expected.

I missed church the first Sunday after my surgery. I was in debilitating pain but managed to drive myself to church. I was there for only a few minutes when I realized I had made a terrible mistake in going. The odd thing (was it odd or was it God) was that I was able to go to our monthly youth meeting the day after my surgery. I suppose God knew I needed that service in particular.

Although I missed Sunday, I was able to go every night of the week for the rest of the meeting. It was one of those meetings where I felt like everything was divinely set in place just for me. I had been worrying and fretting a great deal about this thyroid issue I am facing, but the Lord used this meeting and the messages to calm me down. As anyone who has experienced it will say, there is nothing like sweet peace.

I will be seeing an endocrinologist in July...officially. They have me on a waiting list to hopefully get me in there sooner. Since I have an obstruction to my esophagus, they will work hard to get me in there ASAP. I will have my Radio iodine uptake scan on April 20th, another three long weeks of waiting. Swallowing is still painful, and my voice is raspy. I am also waiting on the lab results concerning my thyroid function. Is it even possible for it to be functioning properly right now??

Last but not least, we finally had our Science Fair at the church. We spent the last two weeks doing nothing BUT science fair stuff. The surgery really made it difficult for me, but my three children managed. It was constant runs to the drug store or Walmart. I was absolutely exhausted by the time everything was said and done.

All the kids did an outstanding job! Everybody was nervous for the students-they had to give oral reports. A first for all of them! I don't want to steal any thunder from any of my children's blogs, but Savannah won first place in the middle school division, while Jordan won third. Daniel won second place in the high school division. I was so proud of all the church students! Everyone one worked really hard, and most of all, they learned alot.

One last thing...I have finally finished physical therapy for my ankle. Whoohoooo!!! I also started back at Curves. It has just about killed me. I am so deconditioned, it's going to take a while to get me back in shape. Until I get through the first few weeks, it's murder!

Stay tuned, faithful readers....there is more to come in the "Seasons" series. Up next will be "A Time of War." Have you Kleenex handy.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We will be praying for you.....