Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Labs and Appointments

I spoke with my internist earlier and my lab results are back. My TSH is indicating hyperthyroid; however, all of my symptoms are hypothyroid. I haven't been tested yet, but I strongly suspect Hashimoto's disease. It causes fluctuation between hyper and hypo. It's an auto immune disease, which would make sense. I'm compromised already, as far as immunity goes. All else on the blood work was "normal."

After talking to my internist, I called the Endocrinologist's office to see if they had received all pertinent labs and test results in order to evaluate my condition. By doing so, they can determine how quickly to move me up the waiting list. After being on hold for a few minutes, they told me to come in Thursday morning at 9:00.

I'm thrilled to get an earlier appointment. I only regret that my uptake scan can't be done for another 3 weeks. Just wishing there was some way to move that up some!

I have talked to one of my husband's employees. She recently had her thyroid removed because of thyroid cancer. She saw the same Doctor I will be seeing Thursday. She greatly praised Dr. Harris, and that made me feel much better. She did give me a word of warning: if I have to have a FNA biopsy, ask for pain medication. She said it was extremely painful and that it was worse than the surgery to remove her thyroid.

I've definitely made a note of that.

Hopefully, I will have some news or direction as of Thursday. All of my readers who know the Lord and pray, please do so for me. I deeply covet your prayers.

No comments: