Friday, January 9, 2009

3 Days and Counting....

As of today, I have only three more days until my appointment with Dr. Davis, my orthopaedic surgeon! Woooohoooooo!!!! It will soon be "Goodbye" to the boot. I am really anxious to see what the next phase of recovery will bring. I'm hoping for normal shoes and driving privileges. I can't believe it, but soon I may actually get to wear a pair of matching shoes for the first time in 10 weeks.

One of the next things I will have to endure will be physical therapy. Yuck. I know, I know. It's neccessary, but it's so aggrevating to have to go. Thankfully, I live less than 3 minutes from the Physical Therapy office.

You know, it's hard to believe that I just stepped off of a step and BAM! I didn't sprain my ankle; I tore three ligaments (one completely from the bone). I think the worse thing I did was to try to keep from falling. That actually caused my ankle to roll inward after it had rolled outward. I remember hearing a POP and thinking, "I can't believe it! I just broke my ankle on my first day of vacation!" It wasn't broken, but this is really much worse, or so says the doctor.

Thank the Lord, I am on the road to recovery. Perhaps in the next few weeks, I will be able to wear some halfway fashionable shoes. The biggest part of the journey is behind me, and I'm in the homestretch. I hope everything I desire concerning the healing process comes to pass.

No comments: