Monday, January 12, 2009

The Appointment-All is Well and Good

My appointment came and went, and it's a relief to have the boot off. Now I have a brace that is much less bulky. Four more weeks....

The Doctor was very pleased. The amount of swelling I have is normal and should subside in about 2 months. The pain I am having is actually considered normal. (Thank the Lord!) I was concerned that I wasn't healing properly because I've been having some pain, but according to the Dr. it is to be expected.

The only down note is that I still have to wait a couple of weeks to drive and play piano. I had also asked him about starting up my walking regiment (I was walking 4 miles 4 times a week prior to all my problems.) That too will have to wait until I've had a couple of weeks of physical therapy. Drats.

He also advised me to not start driving, playing, and walking all at the same time. He said it would increase the pain. That's understandable, but I'm sooo ready to get back to all the things I've been missing out on.

Nonetheless, I have had a great day. Kevin and I had a nice lunch together before my appointment. We had some time to spare before I had to be at the Dr.'s office, so we had some latte and enjoyed each other's company and conversation. (I love times like these with Kevin!) One good thing about all of the surgeries; Kevin has had to take me everywhere. We've spent much deserved time together.

I hope all of you are safe, warm, and happy. TTFN...ta ta for now!

No comments: