Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday

The title sums it up.

Monday. The day when we look around our house and ask, "What freight train ran through here??"

It's the day that we SAHM's dutifully return to our laundry and mopping and sweeping. It's the day that the home schooling mom's start out another journey to educate our babies, no matter how young or old they are. Monday. The day that sets the precedent for the rest of the week.

Aren't Monday's typical in nature? There's the usual run to the bank, supermarket, post office, etc. It's also a bill paying day for some of us. To many that labor in the workforce, it's the day most dreaded, but for the entrepreneur, it's the day that the next business venture begins. I suppose it's all how you look at it.

Now that my entire Monday is behind me, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I've done my lesson plans, set the schedule for the week, had a great day of school with the kiddies. Our supper was on time....we had yummy potato soup, honey glazed smoked sausage, and homemade biscuits. (Simple, delicious meals score big around my house, especially on Mondays.) I really outdid myself, making biscuits! I have to be in a very domestic mood to make them now that my daughter has mastered the art of biscuit making. Sometimes it's just the fact that Mom makes them....

Now that the kitchen is clean, the exercises done, and the luxury of a long bath is behind me, I think about how I hope the rest of the week goes like today; busy, overloaded-full, productive, and fulfilling. The only thing that could negate the productivity of a Monday is a rainy Tuesday. Nothing like all that rain to flair up my arthritic joints. It can definitely be a schedule wrecker.

Hmmm.....what's the forecast like?

Excuse me while I check weather.com.....back in a sec.

Phew......only a 10% chance of rain in the morning. Good to know that my tomorrow isn't going to wreck my today. ;-}

No comments: